Business Analyst Intern
Hexagon Mining is part of the Hexagon Group, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications. Hexagon is a global company with over 16,000 employees.
Our Vision: To be the number one smart technology partner for integrated life-of-mine solutions.
Our Mission: Hexagon Mining is committed to Shaping Smart Change by optimizing design, planning, and operations for safer, more productive mines.
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, with more than 30 offices across five continents, Hexagon Mining is a dynamic network of talented professionals delivering technology, service and support.
As a Corporate Finance Intern, you will be at the heart of our business as the analytical engine to provide insights into financial and operational performance. You will act as a business partner to the organization in developing analysis and reporting that enables strategic decision support to meet our growth objectives. This role offers the opportunity to work in a highly complex global environment bridging the gap across our portfolio.
This position is a part-time internship program working in a dedicated project-based environment that will provide an opportunity to gain corporate financial management competencies and technical experience owning specific deliverables to be completed during the internship. Projects will vary based on the quarter of the year selected to participate in.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, the candidate will assist with forecasting, reporting, presentations, as well as ad hoc business analysis. The intern will analyze profitability measures and enable drill-downs into unit and regional performance.
Collaborate with finance and cross-functional teams throughout the course of the internship to gain understanding of Hexagon financials.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic understanding of Corporate Finance function (e.g. Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting)
- Basic understanding of business operations and processes (e.g. Sales, R&D, Administration)
- Experience in analytical/quantitative business, finance, operations, or economics
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation, collaborative, organizational and time management skills.
- A problem solver with the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment (eventually)
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
Education & Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in MIS, Finance, Economics, Business and/or similar field.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Exposure to data processing business application software (Tableau, Hyperion, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience working in financial/information technology industry