Social Media Marketing Internship
Social Media Marketing Intern
Hexagon Mining is currently looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
We're looking for a motivated and organized individual with excellent communication skills. In this dynamic internship role, you’ll support our marketing team in auditing, creating and implementing best practices across social media channels and integrated campaigns.
The Social Media Marketing Intern role requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: product managers, brand marketing, content creation, and sales.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in the execution of the social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
· Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
· Create engaging content and utilize social media tools like Hootsuite to plan scheduled posts and populate editorial calendars.
· Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices.
· Develop and execute Social Media ad campaigns to promote relevant content to targeted audiences.
· Identify opportunities for additional engagement and messaging for Hexagon Mining brand - especially on Instagram Stories.
· Assist in the creation, implementation, tracking and measurement of integrated marketing campaigns.
· Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs.
· Support production of original short form video content, in all phases of production.
·Pre-production - research and story development
·Production - assist with shoot prep and logistics
·Post production - aid in deliverables preparation
· Sophomore status or above working towards a degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or similar.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
· Strong project management / organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
· Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience/knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus
· Hands on basic HTML experience is a plus
· Basic knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) fundamentals
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
· Understanding of digital marketing
· Spanish language competency is a plus
· Independent self-starter with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Must have a positive “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
*Must be able to work for any employer in the United States without consideration