HxGN Mine Personal Alert
Wearable accident avoidance device for pedestrians in open pit mining operations
HxGN Mine Personal Alert is the first accident-avoidance device worn by field personnel that ensures visibility around heavy equipment. Using the reliability and precision of Time of Flight technology in the Ultra-Wide Band frequency, Personal Alert is integrated with Hexagon Mining’s Collision Avoidance System (CAS) for a comprehensive warning solution.
- Alert - Uses high-performance algorithms within the same proven approach of safety zones from CAS, employing highly intuitive ascending visual, audible, and vibration alarms to help drivers and pedestrians avert imminent accidents
- Minimize accidents - Reduce the risk of accidents involving personnel and vehicles in all areas
- Reduce Blind Spots - Time of Flight technology tracks all personnel around vehicles at all times, and alerts operators and pedestrians
- In-Cabin Driver Detection - Strategically mounted anchor devices identify pedestrian entering the cabin, reducing nuisance alarms
- Integration and scalability - Fully integrated with CAS and able to upgrade with FatigueMonitor, and HxGN Mine VIS
- Using web-based reporting and analytics, supervisors can detect and correct unsafe operator practices by analyzing information wireless transmitted (WiFi/GSM/LTE)
- Improve safety culture - With the enhanced reporting capabilities, unsafe behaviors can be identified and strategically reduced by knowing the root cause
- Investigate – Black box recording and data transfer records, specifically detailed data such as location, tag ID and traffic for incident investigation
- Increase usability and learnability - Fully integrated with CAS, operators interact with a single user interface for all safety purposes, reducing training time
- Monitor remotely - WiFi or GSM connectivity allows wireless data transfer, status monitoring, and remote support functions
- Reliable and precise technology - Time of Flight technology increases the detection reliability under poor GNSS conditions or under roof scenarios
Personal Alert can be configured to different ranges, alerting the user of how close a vehicle is and whether they are in a safe zone. This empowers the user to act in the case of an emergency.